Site Introduction

Post 1: Introduction to the site

Built in 1898 by Architect and GSA professor Henry E. Clifford, the 3 storey, rectangular, red sandstone school building survives to provide context to the surrounding warehouses. It retained its use as a schoolhouse building until the late 1970s when it was converted into an art centre. It was added to the at risk register by 2013.

 

September 18th 11:31 am