Historical Timeline

1817 – The land was bough over by Glasgow City Council.
1866 – Due to the Slaughterhouse Act of 1865, 4 new pitched roofs were built over the site.
1911 – Opened to the public.
2001 – Closed off from public.
2003 – Site suffered extreme damage from arson.
2005 – Completely razed.
2014 – External investigation finds site now disused following partial use as a Car Market.
2018 – Urban Realm announces plans for the site to be redeveloped by Glasgow City Council.
2018 – Listed Building consents demolition of sections of former cable sheds.
2019 – Work to reverse or stop the environmental damage to site begins.
2020 – Infrastructure works begins on site and new installations to be added.

September 18th 3:13 pm