The plan above was prepared solely for the fitting out of the newspaper plant. The original construction drawings and blueprints allowed for flexibility in any proposed use of this floor.
The notice below was published in the Glasgow Herald of 30th January 1895, when the building was approaching completion. It offered space to rent, including the ground level which was eventually fitted out as the newspaper production area, part of which is shown in the above drawing. The ground floor was offered to let “as a whole or divided for Shops”